Internet Explorer 6 is currently not supported. Please consider upgrading your browser to Internet Explorer 7. It's free.
Internet Explorer 7 Download

VTSS Investor Forum

New 10% investor in VTSS

+1
0 Votes
-1
Vote history graph

Noted on the SEC filings on VTSS website, a new filing.
Richard Mashaal with RIMA Senvest Mgmt, who appears to be a Montreal based hedgefund. Best I can tell from the filings, the hedgefund has bought 4.5% and he personally has bought 7.5% ?? (for a total stake of about 12% ??)

Looks like he and his family invest quite a bit of their own money, so they always have skin in the game according to articles about the fund.
This guy seems to be a pretty savvy investor
http://online.barrons.com/articles/SB51367578116875004693704580411381825683438
http://www.globalinvestmentreport.net/?p=535

Posted by sharpinvestments - 7 years ago

Replies
6

+1
0 Votes
-1

Sharp find Sharp!
I like his style,
“Buy stocks that are so out of favor that people are wrong about them, and stay with those companies until you see the upside.” It’s worked.

Posted by GARIF - 7 years ago

+1
0 Votes
-1

That's a great find Sharp!

http://investor.vitesse.com/secfiling.cfm?filingID=902664-15-978&CIK=880446

This is what has been holding up the share price. This is all happening below $5 too! ...very exciting!

It looks like this deep-value investor paid $4.59/share:

http://www.nasdaq.com/quotes/institutional-portfolio/rima-senvest-management-llc-675634/decreased

Did I get that right!?

Posted by phobos - 7 years ago | Updated 7 years ago

+1
0 Votes
-1

Great find Sharp. I guess that gives us 2 heavyweights with big positions (Raging Capital & RIMA). Maybe they will both fight each other for the biggest piece of the pie.

RIMA will probably also want Board seats like Raging Capital. Let's hope they both continue to see potential despite CRG and are willing to bid up the price & attract others.

If we can get above $ 5 that should also attract other funds whose bylaws don't allow for investment in sub $ 5 cos.

Posted by Techinvestor - 7 years ago

+1
0 Votes
-1

The barrons article cited above highlights Digimark (DMRC) as an investment of RIMA. I have peripherally known of DMRC for years. It is another company with constant promise and no revenue growth. (revenue is now $25 million per year.) The stock has been all over the place in the past 5 years.

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=DMRC+Interactive#%7B%22range%22%3A%225y%22%2C%22scale%22%3A%22linear%22%7D

As far as an investment story DMRC and VTSS are certainly clones of each other, promise promise promise but very little on the delivery side. Lets hope now is the time for both of them to deliver.

Posted by dlog - 7 years ago

+1
0 Votes
-1

Yea lets hope this scavenger(RIMA) is good at his craft!

Posted by GARIF - 7 years ago

+1
0 Votes
-1

Rima Senvest has been a shareholder since June of 2013

http://investor.vitesse.com/secfiling.cfm?filingID=919574-13-4158&CIK=880446

Posted by christ3opher - 7 years ago

Leave your Reply

Login or Create an Account to post reply.